In preparation for JW's birthday yesterday (yay!), I put together the beginnings of a Birthday playlist, which will hopefully become a family tradition. We listened to it on the way to the capital yesterday where we watched Wall-E with some friends and had dinner and cake and presents at Hardee's.
1. Happy Birthday to You - Various Artists (Mickey's Party Songs)
*2. Cut the Cake - John McCutcheon
3. And Jesus Grew - Steve Green
4. I Knew I Loved You - Savage Garden
5. Fingerprints of God - Steven Curtis Chapman
*6. Your Song - Elton John
*7. Eli's Song - Rich Mullins
I have an "Adult Birthday Playlist" (don't worry, it's much more tame than it sounds) that includes "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart along with a couple of the above songs.
I still need to locate a CD with Happy Birthday in Arabic (Sena Helwa) on it so that I can import it and include that (I looked for an mp3 on the internet, but didn't find one the right tempo).
And I would love to hear suggestions as to other songs, secular or Christian, that I could include, on either list. Thanks to andreabt for getting me started.
* Added since originally posted. Thanks, Wendrie & Heather!