Friday, July 4, 2008

Patriotic Playlist

In honor of the Fourth of July, I created a Patriotic Playlist for us to listen to in the car today as we traveled to the capital and back. My hope is to make a tradition of listening to it yearly and maybe as we arrive in the States each time.

All of these were purchased on iTunes.

1. The Pledge of Allegiance - Peter Pan Kids: I thought it would be good to familiarize the kids with the Pledge. We'll probably work on memorizing it this next year as we study the second half of American history.
2. America the Beautiful - American Military Band: an instrumental version
3. This Land Is Your Land - Peter, Paul and Mary
4. God Bless America - Celine Dion
5. You're a Grand Old Flag - The Hit Crew
6. Star Spangled Banner - Cactus Cuties: I was pumped to see this version offered on iTunes. I'd seen the video on YouTube from a link my mom e-mailed to me. I don't get into cheesy video e-mail links that often (well, actually, people have stopped sending them, but that's a direct correlation to my desire to watch them), but this one I was impressed with. Those girls can sing!
7. God Bless the U.S.A. - Lee Greenwood
8. America the Beautiful - Patriotic Songs of America
9. Semper Fidelis - American Military Band

I also bought three Adventures in Odyssey episodes related to patriotic topics. We've never gotten into AIO, other than some freebie CD's from Chick-fil-A, but these added a fun facet to our celebration of the day. I may get their other holiday ones, too.
1. By Dawn's Early Light
2. The Day Independence Came
3. The Midnight Ride

No comments: