Sunday, October 17, 2010

50's Playlist

While I'm at it, I thought I'd post my other Decade playlists. As usual, I researched and tried to buy the "classic" version of the song. Occasionally, there was not a good recording available or I firmly new it by another artist, so I compromised.

A tribute to the 50's:


1. Lollipop - The Chordettes: Resurrected recently by the movie Planet 51
2. La Bamba - Ritchie Valens: Associated with its resurgence my 8th/9th grade years, due to a movie.
3. All Shook Up - Elvis Presley
4. Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
5. Tequila - The Champs: Again with a movie. Can't remember which one, though.
6. Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis: And yet another movie.
7. The Book of Love - The Monotones
8. Rockin' Robin - Bobby Day
9. The Elements - Robin Ray: NCIS episode, something to do with Abby, of course
10. Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley
11. Lollipop - Sophie Green: Actually from Planet 51

And on my to-be-purchased list:
Chantilly Lace - Big Bopper
Love Me Tender - Elvis
Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney
Earth Angel - The Penguins: Karate Kid, I'm pretty sure
A Teenager in Love - Dion & the Belmonts

No comments: