Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thank you, Lord, that I feel sick right now.

I remember reading somewhere that morning sickness (always a misnomer in my case) could be viewed as a sign that the pregnancy is progressing healthily, that the hormones are present in the right quantities, that all is actually well. Now, just because you don't experience morning sickness doesn't mean that your pregnancy isn't healthy, just that, if you do, it most likely is.

I've been trying to remind myself that lately. I experienced two days of all-day nausea a few days after we found out we were pregnant, and then several days without any at all. I admit, I worried a bit those healthy-feeling days. As I mentioned, we've never suffered a miscarriage, but we know that that's always a possibility, especially as we get older.

Not to worry, the nausea has returned. :-l I'm trying to say a prayer thanking the Lord for the assurance that everything is progressing as it should. At least at the onset of each wave.

On a related note, I fed my kids Ramen noodles (Del Monte, actually; who knew they made noodles?) today for lunch. I very carefully explained all of the health hazards and that it was only an occasional option, but that we were going to have to resort to those a little more often while Mommy's not feeling well (all the while carefully instructing MS as to how to do each step).

Tomorrow, I will make peanut butter to replenish our stock, and we will be back to the homemade peanut butter/apple butter sandwiches that have been their standard fare recently.

Why tomorrow? Because my housekeeper comes tomorrow, and she will clean the food processor for me after I make the peanut butter. Come on, you know, if you had someone to wash your dishes, you'd schedule things like that around it, too.

The good news is that my energy levels do not seemed to have waned like they did last pregnancy so that, when I'm not feeling sick, I'm able to get things done around the house. I would appreciate all possible prayer that that continue.

And I've not yet closed the door on the possibility of having my housekeeper come an extra morning for a couple of hours to keep things moving along, either.

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

I certainly will pray. I completely understand. I was sick every time, but it did get better in the last two pregnancies (I mentioned the half a Unisom, right?) and I would worry when I felt 'normal' (it was way past the 18 week mark).
I will be praying for this baby very much.

Homemade peanut butter? You are amazing.

mideastmom said...

Um, I seem to recall you mentioning something about Unisom...

:-) Okay, I'll bite: does that just help you sleep or actually help with nausea during the day? Cause I'm not having trouble sleeping. Just being awake. *sigh*

Appreciate the prayers.

And the peanut butter? It's nothing. Really. You throw the peanuts in the food processor, turn it on, and they come out peanut butter. Add a tiny bit of oil, if you don't have an industrial food processor (which I don't). Preferably coconut oil. Or peanut oil. That's it. And then you have your housekeeper clean it. Which would be HB, I guess. :-) No additives, preservatives or exorbitant amounts of refined sugar (which is what commercial peanut butter is chock full of). It's simple. Trust me. I wouldn't do it, if it weren't.

For that matter, assign it as home ec, and have HB do the whole thing! :-)